Production Research Lead
UCLALos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Education - Instructor, Professor... Category
Search for Production Research Lead jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Production Research Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Research Lead? Virtual Production Research Lead
Job Summary Statement:
This position is a lead staff researcher position for a six month contract. The lead staff researcher will participate in a joint venture between UCLA Anderson School of Management and the Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance (REMAP) in the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television. Duties include the conceptualization, design, and deployment of advanced virtual production studio systems that integrate research prototypes.
The role requires experience in audio/visual system design and integration, networked audio and video, and 3D graphics, including virtual production. Under the supervision of the PI / Director of REMAP and in collaboration with UCLA Anderson School of Management, other developers, researchers and graduate students, the researcher will design, develop, implement, operate, and maintain a virtual production research facility as part of a pilot project.
The position will focus on the creation of a functional studio environment that mixes conventional, leading edge commercial, and research prototype components in collaboration with vendors and industry partners. The researcher will work in a collaborative, distributed, fast-paced research setting that includes multimedia production involving students, faculty, and professionals.
Work Hours: 8:00AM- 5:00PM
Physical presence on-campus is required (no full-time telecommuting)
• Advanced and up-to-date audio/visual system design, installation, configuration, and operation knowledge, including a strong background in contemporary TCP/IP and Ethernet-based multimedia technologies such as NDI, Dante, etc.
• Strong skills in Windows and MacOS system configuration and operation of standard multimedia tools including the Adobe Creative Suite; ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and concepts, including custom software.
• Experience in using and deploying interactive real-time graphics applications, including (for example), AR/VR applications, virtual production environments, real-time projection mapping, etc.
• Experience with deploying in-house prototype hardware and/or software into production environments.
• Live production experience in television or multimedia performance, in supervisory / lead technical roles, such as a technical director or senior engineer.
• Experience in collaborative, multidisciplinary design processes in early stage creative development, research, prototyping, or ''blue sky'' settings.
• Critical, self-motivated thinker with strong analytical and organization abilities.
• Demonstrated budgeting and scheduling skills to track complex projects and bring them to successful completion in short time periods.
• Skill in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with administrators, faculty, students and staff.
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments, delivering completed projects with minimal direction.
• Must be available for on-campus work (no full-time telecommuting).
• Experience with the Unreal Engine real-time rendering software.
• Experience with 3D modeling for previsualization.
• Experience with TCP/IP network deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting in multimedia production contexts.
• Experience with internet video and audio streaming technologies, protocols, and services.