Twentieth Century Fox Film CorporationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the SVP, VFX, the Director, VFX is responsible for a slate of 20th Century Studios films, overseeing the visual effects plan, schedule, and budget. This role will partner with the SVP, VFX, the Show Producer and the Show VFX Producer on all aspects of producing the highest quality visual effects for the project.
• Reviews Creative materials (scripts, storyboards, and pre-vis) with the SVP, VFX Supervisor, and Producer and influences the bidding and technical execution strategy for the show.
• Sets creative direction and technical standards for visual effects on assigned shows, ensuring they meet both the Studio and Production's creative vision and can be completed within budget and on schedule.
• Attends VFX reviews and facilitates feedback to SVP, VFX and Show Producer.
• Serves as VFX Producer for projects in development and before Show's VFX team is hired. In this capacity, liaises between production, editorial and vendors, track shots from shoot through final delivery; managing all aspects of effects budget.
• Works with SVP, VFX, Show VFX Producer, and Production Accounting to manage all aspects of show budget, including accurate projections, and weekly EFC reporting.
• Approves all VFX show budget costs on assigned shows.
• Monitors changes to scope of work, including shot turnover re-bidding and resolves budget concerns and VFX production challenges with limited support; maintains documentation for all changes and issues client change orders as needed.
• Hires the VFX Producer and team (in conjunction with SVP, VFX and Show Producer) and prepares customized Deal Memos and new hire paperwork for VFX production staff.
• Schedules and manages facility deliveries, including trailers and other special requirements; communicates changes to SVP, VFX and 20th Century Films studio management team.
• Distributes materials to appropriate vendors for bidding and negotiates costs and contracts.
• Partners with Post Production Supervisor and 20th Century Studios Post Executives to ensure delivery of show specs on time.
• May be required to go on location or to set for oversight of prep/shoot phases.
• Develops junior talent on assigned shows.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in TV or feature film visual effects with 5 years of production management or supervisor experience.
• Demonstrated organizational, project management and leadership skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required; experience with production tracking software and asset management software a plus.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Bachelor's degree in film, art, communications or related field, or equivalent level of experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.