Writer, Quest Means Business
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Quest Means Business, the flagship business program on CNN International, is seeking a Writer.
We are looking for a Writer who is not just content to churn out copy or regurgitate press releases but believes in the power of the written word to transform a segment. Harnessing the voice of our anchor Richard Quest, your scripts will power a program that strives to be different from the competition, breaking news to the world and dispelling the myth that business is boring. As a writer, you will have the creative freedom and imagination to creatively craft segments that leap off the screen – whether it's through a quick-witted turn of phrase or an ingenious metaphor; an innovative graphic or a perfectly deployed piece of sound.
You will report to the show's executive editor and will take a key role in shaping the editorial direction of the program. This is the rare opportunity to marry your passion for the news, with the literary style and flair for which other media won't allow room. If you have the creativity, confidence and capacity to work on a show that prizes originality over almost anything else, then this is your chance to craft segments that will be seen and shared the world over. (P.S. – can you spot the split infinitive in this paragraph?)
• Minimum of 5 years of television writing experience.
• This person should have first class writing skills and news judgment.
• The successful candidate will have exceptional creative abilities and be able to work cooperatively with a high performing team to take both programs to the next level.
• The successful candidate must have a body of work that demonstrates his/her success at generating creative TV ideas both in studio and in field.
• Business news experience is preferred, but not required.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands