Supervising Producer, News Products
Full Time Job
Supervising Producer, News Products - CNN Audio
CNN Audio - We are your ears to the ground
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
CNN Audio creates and distributes all audio content, including original podcast, news briefing and showcasts for CNN Worldwide.
The Supervising Producer for CNN Audio news products will be the key point person to oversee and coordinate audio news coverage. S/he will be responsible for oversight and execution of ambitious and original audio news content. S/he will drive ideation, experimentation, development, and production for hourly news briefings, breaking news alerts and short form content for podcast apps and smart speakers. This position plays a key role as a people manager leading a new and growing team and building the team's capabilities. Reports to the SVP, Digital Production
Key internal partners: CNN Digital, Product, Strategy and Sales.
• Set the editorial vision and expectations with team, managing the production process from assignment to completion.
• Quality control and approval of editorial to ensure content meets CNN's journalistic and legal standards.
• Build schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects.
• Meet aggressive deadlines without sacrificing quality of content.
• Leverage data, analytics, and user testing to inform decisions.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop, execute and deliver on ideas and priorities.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You must have a strong command of news programming and production with extensive experience in audio or digital newsrooms.
This leadership role requires someone who is process-oriented, willing to try new things, be decisive and nimble in a fast-paced, 24/7 news environment. Agility, flexibility, and strong editorial judgement are critical. A ferocious appetite for listener data and the ability to apply audience feedback and behavior into content choices are required.
• College degree.
• 10 years in a deadline-driven news environment, preferably audio-first newsroom.
• 3-5 years of experience leading and managing teams in a fluid, deadline-driven environment.
• Proven ability to develop and produce quick-turn audio news updates.
• Passion for breaking news and strong editorial judgement.
• Superior writing and editing skills.
• Excellent creative vision, delegation and prioritization skills.
• Proven ability to multitask, manage large projects and take risks.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A knowledge of best practices for audio production and distribution.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Ac cess to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands