Summer Paid Intern - CNN Newsource
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer 2020 Intern - CNN Newsource (Domestic)
CNN Newsource is the premiere affiliate news service with more than 1000 local news affiliates. From breaking news content across the world, to trending stories for digital sites and mobile platforms, to comprehensive live coverage, to archive footage for productions, CNN Newsource provides its affiliates with the news content necessary to produce competitive newscasts and a strong digital presence.
The intern for CNN Newsource, Newsgathering will get significant hands-on experience in all aspects of producing content for CNN affiliates.
• This includes, but it not limited to, writing broadcast scripts, desktop editing, processing content for affiliate distribution, fulfilling video requests, package writing/producing, live event programming, coordinating reporter coverage, and social media strategy/execution.
• Intern will develop a strong understanding of network and affiliate newsgathering and production and the network-affiliate partnership.
• Candidate should be seeking a career in journalism, broadcasting or new media.
• Candidate should be self-motivated and able to multi-task.
• Social media savvy is a must.
• Final Cut Pro experience preferred.
• Must also be flexible with schedule, and able to function well in a busy news environment, with an enthusiasm for learning all aspects of the business.
• Should be prompt, proactive, inquisitive, and professional at all times.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.