Summer Intern - Technology Meta Software Developer
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What does our department do?
CNN's BEST META (Media Enabled Technology and Architecture) group develops, maintains and manages complex enterprise production software systems that support CNN's global newsgathering and video production workflows. Teams typically work on software and media applications in areas such as video acquisition and editing, media management, election graphics, show production, news story creation, and much more.
What will you be doing?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to help build and enhance enterprise software applications related to media management and newsroom workflows. Specific responsibilities vary by project. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Work on an Agile Scrum development team on various enterprise production applications.
• Participate in scrum activities including sprint planning, design, sprint execution, development, and team retrospectives.
• Assist the team in developing client-side web implementations or server-side micro-services
Some of the learning opportunities may include:
• Inter-relationships between complex enterprise production systems
• Use of functional and object-oriented programming languages within software and media applications
• Use of UI client libraries like Bootstrap, JQuery, JQuery plug-ins, Web Components, and other contemporary HTML5 technologies
• Utilize RESTful architecture and design principles to implement and use REST-based APIs
• Use of relational and document-based database design like Oracle, MongoDB
• Use of continuous deployment tools including Git, Jenkins, Chef, Grunt, NPM, Mocha, Tape
• Build and deploy applications into the cloud using Amazon Web Services
• Agile scrum-based software development process
What do we require from you?
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
• Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment using agile development practices
• Familiarity with object-oriented and/or functional paradigms.
• Fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, algorithm complexity analysis
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it's like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook