Summer Intern - Technology, Data Analyst
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What does our department do?
The GTO Strategic Planning team focuses on fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide WarnerMedia's technology strategy by providing insights and analysis on how the organization is doing against priorities and future opportunities. The team's goals are to effectively articulate not only where the organization is going and the actions needed to make progress, but to also provide metrics and key performance indicators on how we are doing against those goals.
What will you be doing?
The Data Analyst Intern will collect, study, and interpret data that will provide an in-depth understanding for management and internal business partners about key performance indicators across the Global Technology & Operations division.
• Responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of complex, high quality data models to produce ongoing operational reporting, program reporting, and executive-level dashboards.
• Building reports and dashboards that meet business requirements.
• Developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
• Interpreting data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provides ongoing reports.
• Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Performing ad hoc analyses and data extraction requests.
• Ensuring data governance and data accuracy by inspecting, cleansing and performing quality checks.
What do we require from you?
• Proficient with complex SQL (multi joins, subqueries, unions) and creation of database objects (tables, views, materialized views, etc.).
• Experience with one or more reporting/ visualization tool and/or common reporting tools (Crystal Reports, Qlikview, Excel PowerPivot, Tableau etc.).
• Ability to think critically and analyze data trends for operational risk and efficiencies.
• Detail oriented with good organizational and presentation skills.
• Creative problem solver with a strong sense of ownership.
• Must have the ability to produce deliverables according to schedule, ability to adapt to changes in requirements and priorities, be a self-starter, and show initiative.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it's like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.