Summer Intern - Technology HCM Project Coordinator
Full Time Unpaid Internship
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it's like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
Within WarnerMedia Technology Operations (WMTO), our Human Capital Management (HCM) team offers centralized and coordinated programs to support recruiting, developing & retaining a diverse organization of skilled technologists to compete in a competitive & evolving industry landscape. In other words, we're responsible for culture, communication, community affairs, and employee development.
What will you be doing?
The project coordinator will be part of the Human Capital Management (HCM) team in WMTO. In the Spring they'll learn about the value of relationships in business, contributing to team assignments, documenting and tracking deliverables, identifying resources and leading a team. During this time period they'll be getting the classroom ready for our Girls Who Code SIP (summer immersion program) and learning about our wireless network and security practices, printers, social media policies, lunchroom voucher system and more.
During the summer term, they'll be supporting our Girls Who Code classroom at the same time as they contribute to other projects within HCM: offering assistance with the internship program, communication projects and more. We're in the process of implementing a number of exciting programs and you'll be at the center of them!
In addition, you'll be involved in other programs that our internal women in technology organization is planning and executing on.
The candidate should have be curious, unflappable in stressful situations, care deeply about the success of others on the team, be familiar with web development and data analytics, have analysis experience and be interested in project management and technology.
What do we require from you?
• Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical or relevant field
• Experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Experience with web development (HMTL, CSS)
• Experience with data analysis and visual storytelling
• Insatiable curiosity and unshakable positivity
• Interest in teaching and helping others
• Solid communication and storytelling skills
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment using agile development practices
• Comfortable with ambiguity and limited direction, and fearlessness to ask questions and seek direction.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are
• Events designed for interns that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands
• Mentoring so you gain valuable insights for career development and relationship building
• Opportunity to work a research and development team on the bleeding edge of the entertainment industry
- Internship dates are March 17, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week (March 17 – May 20), 40 hours (May 21 – Aug 7) and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.