Summer Intern - Sports Data Strategy and Insights
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Virtual Intern – Turner Sports Data Strategy & Insights
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Sports and others.
The Turner Sports Insights team is a passionate group striving to identify growth areas in the sports media business.
• We collaborate with all facets of the Turner Sports business leveraging industry trends to deliver insights that inform innovative business solutions.
• The team emphasizes business storytelling and teamwork.
• Evaluate performance of our Turner Sports programs, networks and the general sports media landscape.
• Support our businesses with analysis leveraging data and industry trends.
• Provide support maintaining standardized reporting analysis.
• Use software applications (such as Nielsen, Arianna, Star Media, Conviva, etc.) to extract data from primary and syndicated sources.
• Create presentations with an emphasis on business storytelling.
• Passion for sports, media, technology or better yet all three!
• Knowledgeable sports fan with an understanding of the media and tech industries.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to master new software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in Looker is not required but a bonus.
• High-level familiarity with our Turner Sports properties, the Bleacher Report app and the HBO Max platform.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted towards upperclassmen and graduate students
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.