Summer Intern - International Newsgathering
This was removed by the employer on 2/20/2021 1:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - International Newsgathering jobs in Remote-US
Search all Summer Intern - International Newsgathering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - International Newsgathering? Summer Intern - CNN International Newsgathering
The intern is constantly searching for new stories and imagery/content that could require research and investigation. S/he has strong organizational skills and is meticulous in keeping track of several things at once with an eye for news, so managers can be quickly alerted. S/he works collaboratively with a team as s/he will be required to help support desk editors, show producers and field staff as required - from sourcing/logging/transcribing content and writing up cleared/reportable news lines for short bulletin alerts and/or content alerts for CNN platforms. Gets rare, inside look at CNN's incomparable newsgathering machine, encompassing our key hubs in Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi, London and Atlanta, as well as international bureaus around the world.
• Proactively digs for leads that will keep out platforms competitive - both in terms of breaking new stories and content, during ongoing stories.
• Digs for fresh news stories and flags important stories/developments/images/content on high-profile stories.
• Organized, meticulous, tenacious and able to forensically dig to help desk researchers, producers and seniors find official/reportable lines to confirm or investigative threads to chase.
• Able to multi-task and work with reporters and desk/digital editors.
• Monitors and researches developing news stories and seeks out images, as directed by Seniors or to support reporters, desk/digital editors and field.
• Ingests, logs and transcribes images directed, responsible for metadata and liaises with library and picture sources to obtain, clear and enter video to enhance our storytelling across all platforms.
• Organized, pays attention to detail, able to multi-task on projects.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
• Collaborative, with excellent communication skills
• Technically adept
• Experienced user of digital and social media platforms.
• Self-starter, innovative and creative -Knowledge of international affairs
• Language abilities a huge and helpful plus
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.