Virtual HBO Max Product Experience Intern, Summer
This was removed by the employer on 2/19/2021 5:39:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Virtual HBO Max Product Experience Intern, Summer jobs in Burbank-US
Search all Virtual HBO Max Product Experience Intern, Summer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Virtual HBO Max Product Experience Intern, Summer? The Summer Internship on the Product Experience Team will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, content strategists, marketers, and technologists to innovate the way TV and movie fans consume video content.
Our job is to build upon the HBO Max app that we recently launched, and determine future capabilities, features & experiences that we should deliver to our users.
• Help define and write product requirements and user stories for key capabilities on our product roadmap.
• Learn how product managers and designers work with developers to bring a feature in a streaming app to market.
• See how a product feature or capability gets pitched, evaluated, and ultimately prioritized for the roadmap.
• Learn what goes into supporting and understanding why a product feature is needed for our customers.
• Use critical thinking, strategy, and a consumer-driven lens to address market opportunities with creative solutions.
• Build upon the strength of WarnerMedia's diverse brands and competencies to leverage our competitive advantages in content creation, curation, and distribution.
• Cross-functional experience, partnering with research teams to create in-depth personas, user journeys, and define opportunities to enhance the way content is curated and personalized for WarnerMedia fans.
• Learn to make good trade off decisions on importance of key strategies, and how that impacts the user journey.
• Learn how data sets from all corners of the WarnerMedia enterprise help derive insights to focus the team on initiatives with high potential for value.
• Understand and analyze how to derive insight from usage data, click-stream pathing, and other raw metrics and tell a story about a user's happy path, find opportunities to improve flows that increase engagement, and introduce features to solve discovery challenges.
• Learn how KPIs and OKRs to help stakeholders understand the impact of the product on users and value delivered to the business.
• Focus on the user experience by observing and learning from the Engineers.
• Gain a deep understanding of the OTT, media, and video industry, and how our job is to help solve pain points and identify opportunities to delight TV and movie fans. Evangelize new trends in content discovery, curation, and personalization.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced marketing environment.
• Experience in managing digital product initiatives or related experience at an entertainment media company preferred.
• General knowledge of product management; product management background a plus.
• A daily user of streaming video apps (SVOD services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney , etc.), and other adjacent industry apps (ex. Music apps such as Spotify, etc.) a must.
• Experience as a user of applications via products such as tablets, phones, PCs, Connected TVs, and other devices.
• Must have high proficiency in Google Drive (Slides, Docs, Sheets).
• Ability to learn internal tracking programs such as Slack, Confluence, Jira.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology.
• Capable of being a doer and ability to jump into something new and figure it out.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Comfortable in a small, lean team, that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.