Virtual Bit Client Support Intern, Summer
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The BIT Support team serves as a Tier 2/3 team for virtual client support for locations including: CNN Center, Techwood campus. Practical solutions must be found and implemented immediately in order to maintain client functionality.
• Full interface with a wide variety of customers in a 24x7X365 fast paced environment.
• Frequent communication with the customer regarding needs and status of incidents and services requests.
• Perform deployment, repairs and preventative maintenance of workplace technology. This includes desktops, laptops, printers and mobile devices.
• Service and operation of broadcast equipment and related peripherals. Provisioning, support and maintenance of Polycom and Cisco audio visual equipment.
• Installing, troubleshooting and repairing telephone equipment (AVAYA System).
• Project support and integration of new technologies including systems, software, automation and equipment.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 19th
This position operates in a highly independent fashion and is responsible for responding to and resolving client technology Incident and Service requests in a 24x7x365 news and/or entertainment production environment. Additional responsibilities include:
• Deploying new technology and performing system integration testing of hardware/software upgrades
• Working with other support teams and vendors to identify, diagnose, and resolve complex problems
• Setting up and installing audio & video equipment in support of events and other business functions such as meetings, presentations, etc.
• Assessing, improving, and documenting workflow processes
• Enrolled in degree program focused on Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related area
• Familiar with the network and support infrastructure of broadcast and computing environment, experience in installing/deploying and configuring all types of personal computing devices, maintaining and supporting audio & video equipment in conference rooms/offices/common spaces, provide phone support, deskside support and supporting other peripherals devices.
• Superior troubleshooting capabilities and outstanding customer service and support skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard networking protocols, computing operating systems (Mac & Windows), & LAN/WAN topology.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and standard business applications.
• Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Ability to excel working on their own as well as in a team environment.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th – August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Must be able to accommodate full-time schedule (35-40 hours/week) for full program duration.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.