Sr. New Media Designer
Full Time Job
The Sr. New Media Designer is responsible for software architecture, integration, operations/engineering support, development in new software (u-touch/magic wall), as well as some of their typical design abilities. This position also takes the lead in managing high-profile technical projects, teaming with operations partners and support for testing, functionality workflow, and implementation. They will also work in conjunction with the New Media Producers/Magic Wall team.
• Manage technically challenging projects while providing integral graphic and operational support to Directors, Producers, Graphics Operators and Engineering during live events as well as the rehearsals and preparations for those events in order to facilitate a seamless on-air product.
• Assist experienced designers in learning the skills needed to eventually perform these duties and troubleshoot various technical problems under pressure.
• Also, motivate, train and direct designers at lower levels of experience to create optimized scenes and templates for daily programming.
• Develop design concepts and see projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms. This regularly includes the creation of innovative user interface solutions as well as testing and continued support for the created real-time graphics systems.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Create documentation for departmental and interdepartmental training purposes.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs.
• Assist in managing and organizing assets within the CNN Vizrt folder structure.
• 6 years of television production, or equivalent work history, with extensive experience supporting live and in-studio regular programming.
• Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
• Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• Must have extensive experience both designing and troubleshooting complex graphics systems made with the Vizrt suite of products: Vizrt Viz Artist, Viz Content Pilot, Viz Template Wizard, Viz Trio, Viz Ticker Wizard and Client and Viz Graphics Hub Manager.
• Should also be proficient on the Adobe suite of products, especially After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A working knowledge of Datapool, Transition Logic, VBScript, Viz3 Scripting, Perceptive Pixel Plugins, SDK and API utilization, iNews interfacing platforms and familiarity with touchscreen and other interactive technologies as they relate to broadcast design is preferred.
• Experience with 3D modeling software (such as Cinema 4D and Maya), additional real-time 3D animation software (such as Unity 3D and Unreal Engine) and additional programming languages (such as JSON, C#, Visual Basic and Java).
• Desire for constantly expanding knowledge of new technologies.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate the following on-the-job behaviors: Creativity, Self-Directed, Organized, Flexibility, Drive for Results.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands