Senior Video Producer As Equals
This was removed by the employer on 11/27/2020 5:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Video Producer As Equals jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Video Producer As Equals postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Video Producer As Equals? Senior Video Producer (London) – As Equals
As Equals is a cross-platform CNN initiative dedicated to publishing challenging, engaging, and sustained coverage of gender inequality globally.
As the Senior Video Producer, you will shape the film output of the series, working shoulder to shoulder with the Series Editor to create a range of video formats that support the mission and vision of As Equals.
Your role will combine producing content yourself with commissioning and working with directors, producers, and animators in multiple locations to deliver powerful and impactful video content in a wide range of formats for publication across CNN's platforms.
The successful candidate will be passionate about gender equality with a proven track record in producing films on sensitive subject matters with the potential for real-world impact. They will have a sharp eye and curiosity for the best visual format to tell a story, along with proven experience in owning editorial process, including writing and copy-editing scripts and providing feedback to producers around complex stories. They will be well versed in a wide range of film formats from short documentaries to in-house animated explainers and stop motion and will be comfortable both in the field and working in a bureau to remotely oversee content. They will have a deep understanding of digital and social audiences and how to bring world-class journalism in film to a range of platforms. And they will have a global outlook essential to making As Equals interesting and relevant to a mass-market, audience around the world.
From January 2021, As Equals will receive financial support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Senior Video Producer role is a fixed-term contract for the duration of the funding period it will focus solely on gender inequality (until January 2024).
• Shapes the film content of As Equals, working with the Series Editor and video producers in multiple locations to produce world-class video journalism on gender inequality
• Produces video content end to end
• Curates and commissions video formats to complement and visually enrich the series' editorial direction and priorities
• Supervises and coordinates production and delivery of a range of videos with varying timeframes - from spot news and monthly features to longer-term investigations and documentary productions
• Authoritatively owns the beat internally and externally
• Grows a network of strong contributors either from or living in the countries As Equals seek to cover
• Dives in to edit and shape films from CNN producers and freelance contributors, ensuring best quality output in line with the As Equals mission and tone of voice
• Works with different stakeholders across the organization to ensure the best placement of stories across different platforms from digital to television
• Proven experience in film production in a high-profile news or current affairs environment
• Expertise in creating diverse video formats to sit within a range of platforms and interactives
• Passion for news and gender inequality
• Creative portfolio of proven work with an ability to generate and develop new ideas
• Proficient at shooting and editing innovative and highly-produced films and short documentaries
• Proven track record of producing films on sensitive subject matters, handling complex scripts for leading enterprise journalism efforts that start conversations
• Experience leading ambitious digital video storytelling projects and a desire to produce groundbreaking work that pushes boundaries in terms of format
• Relishes a team environment and collaborative projects, versatile and happy to take on different roles on different projects
• Comfortable both in the field and working in a bureau to remotely supervise film production
• Experience working across teams and with internal and external stakeholders to execute a piece
• Strong technical capabilities including working on different content management systems and news operating systems
• Understanding of journalistic standards and media law This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.