Senior Producer, Original Series - CNN Audio
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Producer, Podcasts supervises the development and production of CNN Audio's original slate of programming. S/he will be responsible for building strong partnerships across the global organization including News Gathering, Development, CNN Talent, Audience Development & Research, Marketing, Operations and CNN Digital.
• Oversee the conception and development of podcasts from ideation to execution, whilst improving upon existing properties.
• Manage talent and a team of producers, associate producers, and editors to ensure that all series in the portfolio meet the content, quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• Build schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects. Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work.
• Create a network of freelance producers/editors/engineers who can join projects as needed.
• Leverage data/analytics/user testing to inform decisions.
• Cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
• Partner with technical team on standards of practices for recording/editing/engineering.
• Collaborate and communicate closely with CNN Digital counterparts.
• You are a gifted writer and audio storyteller who is at ease leading a remote audio team tasked with producing multiple podcasts spanning different genres.
• You must have a passion for breaking news and strong editorial judgement, superior writing and editing skills, excellent creative vision, delegation and prioritization abilities.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• 8 years in a deadline-driven, news and audio environment.
• 3-5 years of experience leading, mentoring, and inspiring teams in a fast-paced, deadline driven audio environment.
• Proven ability to develop and produce high quality podcasts.
• Proven ability to multitask, manage large projects and take risks.
• Must be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A knowledge of best practices for audio production and distribution is a must.
• When able to, possible travel up to 25%.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands