Senior Producer, News Products
Full Time Job
Senior Producer, News Products - CNN Audio
The Senior Producer will be responsible for the execution of ambitious and original audio news content. S/he will develop, launch, and produce hourly news briefings, breaking news alerts and short form content for podcast apps and smart speakers.
Alongside a Supervising Producer, the Senior Producer will oversee editorial assignments and the final approvals of briefings to ensure they meet CNN editorial and audio standards. S/he will form close working relationships across various internal groups, leveraging the breadth of CNN reporting across the globe.
• Set the editorial vision and expectations with team, managing the production process from assignment to completion.
• Oversee team shifts to ensure all hours are covered for updates.
• Manage hourly audio coverage and breaking news alerts.
• Manage team of producers/associate producers to ensure that all content meets the quality, journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• Meet aggressive deadlines.
• Leverage data/analytics/user testing to inform decisions.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop, execute, and deliver on big ideas and priorities.
• Collaborate and communicate closely with CNN Digital counterparts.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You must have a strong command of news programming and production with extensive experience in audio or digital newsrooms – a sharp eye for the quality and integrity of the content is critical.
This leadership role requires someone who is a proven leader and team player with exceptional news judgment and flexibility in a fast-paced, 24/7 deadline-driven news environment.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• 8 years in a deadline-driven, news and audio environment.
• 3-5 years of experience leading, mentoring, and inspiring teams in a fast-paced, deadline driven audio environment.
• Proven ability to develop and produce quick-turn audio news updates.
• Passion for breaking news and strong editorial judgement, superior writing and editing skills, excellent creative vision, delegation, and prioritization skills.
• Proven ability to multitask, manage large projects and take risks.
• Must be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require (openness to working shifts outside of 9-5 hours).
• Knowledge of best practices for audio production and distribution.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Ac cess to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
CNN Audio - We are your ears to the ground
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
CNN Audio creates and distributes all audio content, including original podcast, news briefing and showcasts for CNN Worldwide.