Senior Producer, Development
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Producer, Development - CNN Audio Original Series
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Producer for the CNN Audio department. The Senior Producer of Development, Original Series will help oversee all external productions, acquisitions, and long-term planning for future series. In addition to building external relationships, the Senior Producer will grow editorial partnerships within the CNN and WarnerMedia family.
• Oversee development of individual series, serving as point person for external companies.
• Manage production, post-production, and program distribution for external series and acquisitions, ensuring all projects meet CNN editorial and audio production standards.
• Partner with design strategist on design sprints for piloting of new series.
• Maintain schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects for external productions while meeting aggressive deadlines with high quality and on-budget work.
• Recruit, cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
• Identify future projects that can be produced in-house, developing them through greenlight stage
• Partner with original series team, marketing, PR, social, and programming teams in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement.
• Develop relationships throughout CNN and WarnerMedia with key stakeholders and divisions.
• You should be able to ideate the next great big audio series, with a proven track record of developing successful audio content. Strong editorial judgement, superior storytelling skills, a knowledge of news, politics, and culture and the understanding of the podcasting landscape and audience is required.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Proven track record of developing successful audio content.
• 8 years of editorial experience with proven track record managing a team.
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
• Superior writing and editing skills.
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• Ability to collaborate, be agile and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
• Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands