TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2021 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant? Production Assistant - HLN Original Series
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Production Assistant for the Planning & Programming department.
• The Production Assistant for the HLN Original Series team works closely with unit producers to execute projects from inception to completion.
• Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production.
• The Production Assistant works closely with Producers and Associate Producers to find the best video and elements within our systems and third-party sources.
• The PA is responsible for all show transcriptions, as well as organizing and maintaining assets via the Grid, SharePoint, etc.
• This role may also include populating scripts with appropriate asset suggestions and assisting Editors throughout the project.
• They must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk, and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly.
• The Production Assistant is also responsible for pitching ideas and stories.
• They are responsible for creating a deliverables log, and for extensive archival work on documentary projects: finding old and rare footage; doing deep research on our subjects; acting as an edit assistant as projects are put together, and extensive fact checking.
• This role requires a creative, curious and organized worker with great ideas and editorial focus.
• One plus years of experience in TV/news/digital production.
• Long form documentary experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with databases such as MediaSource, MIRA, and the CNN Library is helpful.
• Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is helpful.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from Producers and Editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.