TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2021 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant? Production Assistant - Gps, CNN
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Production Assistant for the Fareed Zakaria department.
• The Production Assistant for Fareed Zakaria GPS works closely with show producers to find the best video and elements for segments and packages, within CNN systems and elsewhere.
• The Production Assistant helps book studio and control room time, factchecks producer scripts, gathers video and photo elements, helps create graphics, and corrects interview transcripts.
• The PA has the opportunity to pitch ideas for the program and help producers and associate producers with research.
• They will also help the show booker with logistics.
• This person must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
• The PA will operate the teleprompter in the control room, should be able to write and code banners, and will help with the show's recording and archiving process.
• The PA should work efficiently but accurately under tight deadlines.
• Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require, including weekends.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Must have a deep interest in global affairs, politics, and economics.
• Minimum of 1.5 years of experience in network television or major-market news production.
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource and Mira is very helpful.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the ''Viz Pilot'' graphics device helpful.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
• Must be computer literate, detail oriented, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
• Experience in control room is a plus. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.