This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 7:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Production Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Production Assistant, CNN Image+Sound
As a member of Production Services, you will have opportunities to grow your career and be a member of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN Worldwide, and contribute to its inclusive and successful work environment. The Image Sound Production Assistant is in tune with the stories of the day and delivers quality, basic edits for CNN Newsource and CNNE. Our team is agile - moving fast when needed to help convey developing stories while adhering to the highest editorial and journalistic standards. I S Production Assistants collaborate with various Newsource roles to prioritize edit requests and exercise best editorial judgement practices. This provides an opportunity to gain sound, news editing skills and editorial judgement in daily responsibilities. You will support CNN's television and digital platforms daily production. If you are bilingual in Spanish, you will also have the opportunity to edit daily content for CNNE. The I S Production Assistants create connections with their colleagues, business partners, and ultimately viewers, including 1000 domestic and international affiliates.
• Basic editing support for Newsource, and CNNE (if bilingual). This content is often repurposed and visible across other CNN platforms.
• Basic editing in this role can include verifying aspect ratio, adjusting audio and video levels, removing dated references, and still montages.
• Completing metadata records using accurate sourcing information.
• Properly publishing edited content for distribution to CNN's domestic and global affiliates.
• Working in a fast-paced 24/7/365 environment.
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
• One (1) year of experience in news or video production.
• Ability to edit on non-linear platforms, including Adobe Premiere.
• Understanding of file-based workflows.
• Ability to successfully work under deadline pressure.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business.
• Command of the English language. Other language skills are also highly valued, especially Spanish.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a remote world via applications like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Webex.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook and Teams.
• Ability to remain focused for long periods of time.
• Agility in work environment. The I S PA may at times work in an enclosed edit bay, an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company provided laptop. Image Sound Production Services follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands