Production Assistant, Original Series - CNN Audio
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Production Assistant for CNN Audio will help support podcast production across the entire audio portfolio. S/he will work closely with producers and hosts on series spanning genres ranging from history and popular culture to in-depth investigations, providing research and administrative support. The Production Assistant with also help produce shorter audio briefs.
• Assist with research, interview preparation and overall series organization.
• Help manage workflows and production calendar.
• Collect and organize audio pitches.
• Coordinate logistics for team meetings.
• Edit audio excerpts from television for producers and assist with recordings.
• Fact-check scripts and ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality, journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• Assist with accompanying news articles and content for social media.
• You must be a passionate storyteller with experience in audio production.
• Proficiency in ProTools, along with a command of in-studio and field recording is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 1-2 years of experience, preferably in audio.
• Knowledge of podcasting industry.
• Familiarity with PowerPoint, Google Docs and Excel.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Passion for politics, history, and popular culture
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• Collaborative personality with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities.
• Ability to operate in a 24/7 environment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands