Producer, Original Series - CNN Audio
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Producer will take the lead producing must-listen podcasts that are rich in context, color, and character. He/she will shape the stories for both new and existing podcasts in our original series slate.
• Work closely with the senior producer, host, and production team on the development of podcasts from ideation to execution, whilst improving upon existing properties.
• Partner with the Senior Producer and Production Manager on schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects. Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work.
• Book guests and identify any necessary archival audio.
• Write scripts, lead technical editing of episodes, collaborating closely with co-producer and associate producers.
• Assist with sound design and scoring.
• Ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality, journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• Partner with marketing, PR, social, and programming teams in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement. Examples include - key art, social media content, promos, trailers, rollout details for CNN TV and digital.
• Ideally, you are a gifted writer and storyteller with a proven track record in the audio industry.
• You must be at ease working alongside various hosts of series that range from breaking news and investigations to lighter popular culture.
• The position requires a pro-active and passionate producer who is proficient in ProTools and audio recording.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5 years of experience, with at least 3 years in audio.
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting industry.
• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to work with agility in rapidly changing environment.
• Passion for politics, history, and popular culture.
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent.
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands