Producer - Investigative Unit
Full Time Job
Producer - Investigative Unit, CNN
The Investigative Producer must be equally adept at covering high pressure, rapidly unfolding news events and in-depth, complex investigations.
• Their main responsibilities will include all aspects of story research, newsgathering, shooting, producing edits and execution for multiple projects simultaneously.
• The Investigative Producer helps develop story pitches, researches investigative ideas and participates in story brainstorming meetings.
• They will research and secure interviews with individuals and sources who will offer a unique perspective and drive the story, pre-interview possible characters, develop creative ideas for storytelling, confirm facts and gather appropriate photos, documents, research for production elements.
• Other responsibilities include identifying, researching and locating video clips and sound bites (both internally and through external sources like social media,) and conceiving creative, dynamic graphics.
• They will also be responsible for field assignment logistics, such as determining locations, performing virtual site surveys, securing permissions needed, and can be sent on shoots to gather interviews or video.
• The Producer may also assist Senior Producers, Senior Writers and Correspondents on video and written projects, as well as run their own projects.
• 4-5 years of network or major market TV news production.
• Must have deep experience producing TV packages.
• Must have strong news judgement and strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
• Detail-oriented organization and efficient time-management is a must.
• Must be an energetic, self-sufficient, multitasker who is eager to work collaboratively.
• Must demonstrate strong research and production skills.
• Must be well-versed in researching public records and social media.
• Experience working with databases, spreadsheets a plus.
• Must have a positive attitude, be team-oriented, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline, or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands