Producer, CNN Digital
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNN Digital is seeking a Producer to join our digital video team to help us experiment, ideate, develop, and produce live and tape content. The ideal candidate must have a strong command of news programming and be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. Experience in digital and/or television news production is required. This position will report to the Supervising Producer and will be responsible for the creation of video content and bringing our live and tape concepts to life. The role requires someone who is detail-oriented, wildly creative, with strong editorial judgment and skills. The ideal candidate is driven by their inherent curiosity and strong inclination for news, trending stories, and current events. The applicant must be comfortable handling multiple projects and working in a fast-paced, 24/7 deadline-driven environment. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly required.
• The producer will be responsible for collaborating with the editorial team to develop and create video concepts and programs.
• Pitching compelling, informative, community-building, creative content.
• Identifying and booking guests and experts.
• Research, write, and produce content with a cohesive narrative under deadline.
• Shooting and editing video stories.
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work.
• Partner closely with internal stakeholders across the across organization
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years editorial and digital news environment experience.
• Proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms.
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment.
• Superior editorial judgment, writing, producing, and editing skills.
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling.
• Quick thinker who thrives under pressure
• Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives.
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate, with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities.
• Experience producing and coordinating live hits from inside of a control room/remotely a plus.
• Must be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands