Producer - Audio , CNN
TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2020 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Producer - Audio , CNN jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer - Audio , CNN postings
Full Time Job
Producer - Audio (Podcast), CNN
The CNN Audio producer will take the editorial and technical lead on narrative/documentary-style podcasts, as well as contribute to existing shorter turnaround series like Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction and Silence is Not an Option. The ideal candidate must be a gifted writer and storyteller with a proven track record in the audio industry. They must be at ease working alongside various hosts series that range from breaking news and investigations to lighter popular culture. The position requires a pro-active and passionate producer who is proficient in ProTools and audio recording.
• Work closely with the senior producer, host and production team on the development of podcasts from ideation to execution, whilst improving upon existing properties.
• Book guests and identify any necessary archival audio.
• Write scripts.
• Lead technical editing of episodes, collaborating closely with co-producer and associate producers on revisions and handing off final session to engineer.
• Assist with sound design and scoring.
• Ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• Partner with the Senior Producer and Post Production Supervisor on schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects. Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work.
• Partner with marketing, PR, social, and programming teams in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement. Examples include - key art, social media content, promos, trailers, rollout details for CNN TV and digital.
• 5 years of experience, with at least 3 years in audio.
• Bachelor's degree
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting industry.
• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to work with agility in rapidly changing environment
• Proficient in ProTools and audio recording
• Passion for politics, history and popular culture.
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands