News Editor, Newsgathering
TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/5/2021 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for News Editor, Newsgathering jobs in New York-NY
Search all News Editor, Newsgathering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a News Editor, Newsgathering? News Editor, Newsgathering NY Bureau
CNN New York is looking for an experienced journalist with strong newsgathering abilities and leadership skills.
The News Editor should be a collaborative, team player who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms. You'll be responsible for pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition.
As a leader on our assignment desk, the editor should be able to distinguish stories that meet CNN's journalistic standards and newsgathering via traditional methods as well as social media.
An established writer, this news editor staffer can create content for both internal consumption and external publishing on all CNN platforms. This includes field assignments and being our eyes on ears on the ground covering breaking news or planned events such as court cases, protests or news conferences.
The News Editor needs to support reporter and producer teams reporting from a bureau or the field and clearly communicate editorial and logistics information between team, digital newsgathering and shows.
• BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline.
• 4-6 years' experience in a news environment at a major network/local station.
• Previous newsroom experience.
• Newsgathering in social media outlets.
• 1 year experience TV/digital writing experience preferred.
• Previous Assignment Editor experience preferred.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Understanding of CNN newsgathering.
• Strong logistical ability.
• Able to make fast decisions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.