Manager Telecom Services
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2020 6:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager Telecom Services jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Manager Telecom Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager Telecom Services? The Manager, Telecom Services owns the entirety of all business functions with regards to the Company's inventory of telecom services. Included in this scope is over $21M of annual data, voice, mobile and video services that support the business functions of Warner Media and its business units. This includes ownership of program definition and process improvement, sourcing, ordering and provisioning, inventory management, invoice and contract management, and telecom expense management. The responsibilities of this role also includes ownership of any savings targets that are assigned and the management and direction of assigned staff members.
• Refers to negotiating prices, terms and conditions for telecom and mobile contracts on behalf of the company and customers.
• Oversees and directs billing analysis, cost review and billing circuit inventory control.
• Monitors progress and system initiatives.
• Partners with VMO in negotiating business terms with core carriers (i.e., AT&T, Verizon, Qwest, Level 3, others).
Ordering and Provisioning Management
• Supports the commissioning and deployment of telecom/network services drawing on structured workflows and authorizations.
• Oversee (and process, as needed) ordering and provisioning of telecom services
• Applies to processes and services that provide one or all of the following for fixed telecom and mobile services: asset discovery; asset management; asset database/repository; asset portfolio management; and tracking of contracts, moves, adds, and changes relating to telecom expenses (i.e. upgrades, disconnects).
• Manages billing inventory control
Invoice and Contract Management
• Supports the invoice audit function with the accounts payable invoice-processing function.
• Seeks out and implements automation practices
• Monitor service level commitments
• Helps identify cost objectives by using detailed invoice data. Telecom services and usage are tracked to allocate costs by individual, department, cost center or other user-defined spending categories across corporate locations.
• Oversees usage audit functions and cost allocation process
• Manages the Mobility program from provisioning to decommissioning to include expense management.
• Oversee, analyze, and procure mobile device program which includes iPhones, tablets, and MiFi units for Warner Media.
• Buying responsibilities include managing the product catalog to keep the equipment models and pricing updated, processing Purchase Orders and managing the relationships with the mobile vendors.
• Serve as escalation point on issued with carriers and employee related issues.
• Ensure cost saving measures and audits are taking place to reduce wireless spend.
• Supports the recovery of credits and the management of short-pay and no-pay decisions.
• Identify and execute dispute and relationship management strategies that offer advantage for securing optimal results.
Reporting and Business Intelligence (BI)
• Offer customers practical information and analytics to improve financial forecasts and usage planning.
• Develops reporting and models to prepare accruals, to analyze the financial impacts of run rates and impacts to changes in operations/projects for forecasting purposes.
• Consults with customer regarding services and alternative options that could lead to improved performance or cost savings Telecom Expense Management.
Own all TEM processes and strategies.
• Manage cost allocations and transparency efforts.
• Maintain a vendor rate card and encourage regularly scheduled audits of rates.
• Manage timelines for auditing telecom service needs (i.e. reach out to customer to confirm services still in use/needed).
• Lead and champion an overall savings initiative.
Overall Process Improvement
• Provides leadership on best practices and processes. Lead team in aligning core responsibilities, strategy and activities essential to add value to the telecom billing/expense management program.
• Manage key carrier relationships.
• Lead cross-functional teams to ensure improvement in Telecom Expense Management.
• Provide daily work direction and feedback to staff members.
• Works with staff on defining and managing goals
• Responsible for performance management of staff
• Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline and/or equivalent work experience
• 12 years Telecom business management
• 10 years of experience with Finance and Accounting
• 10 years vendor management and negotiation
• 5 years in delivering successful business cases
• Prior staff management experience
• Project management experience
• Telecom technical background
• Customer management experience
• ITIL certification
• Master's degree or courses in technical or business discipline
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.