Manager / Director Of Security, Asia Pacific
TurnerHong Kong, HK
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager / Director Of Security, Asia Pacific jobs in Hong Kong-HK
Search all Manager / Director Of Security, Asia Pacific postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager / Director Of Security, Asia Pacific? • Serve as principal security and safety representative for CNNI in APAC. The position requires engagement with newsgathering field teams and bureaus across the APAC region. The incumbent will regularly review security procedures and policies and communicate with the Senior Director for approval of improvements to the Security Program. As a result, this position has responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of CNN's International Field Safety & Security Operations and High-Risk Training initiatives. These programs focus primarily on employee protection in high risk areas and crisis response plans in the event of any security emergency. This position will be responsible for overseeing the physical and procedural security of CNNI office locations in APAC.
• Support newsgathering tasks throughout the region with particular attention to High Risk locations, facilitate required training to personnel required to go into high risk areas or environments and maintain appropriate record of such training. In support of newsgathering and training this position will maintain standards for Personal Protection Equipment, and keep a current inventory for all PPE assets and plan for replacement.
• Partner and participate with CNNI Management, WarnerMedia Global Security, and Enterprise Business Resilience teams to maintain Emergency Response plans, policies, and procedures for CNN's APAC bureaus and offices.
• Identify, cultivate, and maintain a regional network with fellow corporate security professionals, industry associations, security vendors and risk consultants, international law enforcement, U.S. State Dept, and other security related agencies.
• Oversee security planning for high-risk or high-profile CNNI company promoted events. Additionally, collaborate with Newsgathering desk management and relevant CNNI management in regard to safety issues in initial assessment of danger levels of proposed assignment locations and deployments and provide assessments on risks/threats to international personnel and travelers for high-risk or hostile environments.
• Oversee and support CNN staff potentially traveling into an international incident by providing relevant pre-travel advice and assistance in the event of an emergency.
• In consultation with the Senior Director, vets, develops, and maintains trusted security vendor relationships for any international security needs.
• Monitors movements of employees traveling or working in high-risk regions or environments and when required deploy to high-risk locations to support CNNI. Authors post trip debriefs, follow-up, and systematic revision to field safety matters.
• Assist WarnerMedia Global Security as directed.
The position requires an individual with extensive knowledge of applying security practices within a large international organization comprised of multiple business units and competing interests and must possess the correct level of qualification(s) to prove competency. It is essential that the individual is capable of keeping up-to-date with advances in the security industry and possess an intimate knowledge of the APAC region in terms of security challenges, shifting political trends, and environmental risk. Responsibilities may increase as the company expands its locations, department and number of employees across APAC. Experience and presence in dynamic environments such as inter and intra state conflicts, political and civil unrest and critical levels of crime is required. Fluency in a second language is desirable.
• Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and/or significant relevant private sector experience.
• 7 years working experience
• Field experience & strong ability to make decisions when under pressure
• Strong leadership qualities: able to lead a diverse group of individuals, often under the stress of breaking news
• Strong Communication skills: able to communicate clearly and concisely about news developments & able to give clear direction to staff/network at all levels about course of actions
• Strong decision-making skills: the successful candidate will be able to quickly size up a situation and make a reasonable and sound decision
• Management Skills: ability to lead teams
• Strong knowledge of security methods & ability to stay current with security matters
• Computer literate to intermediate level
• Excellent command of the English language; other Asian or foreign languages are very beneficial
• Proficient in delivering concise briefings to CNN Management and newsgatherers and the ability to deliver training courses This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.