HR Employee Services Team Lead, APAC
TurnerHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we're looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges, we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
The purpose of the role is to design and deliver core employee lifecycle processes and transactional HR services across the APAC region, including both transactional delivery and leadership of the team.
A key focus will be to deliver a consistent and scalable service that is suited to the diverse markets and employee population across the APAC region. The role will focus on the implementation of common processes, delivered and underpinned by systems and technology.
The Employee Services Team Lead will work closely with the regional HR management to ensure delivery of an excellent experience for our employees.
What will you be doing?
• Manage the organisation's APAC employee services and first level transactional HR administration providing effective delivery of identified core employee lifecycle processes across the region
• Maximise regional use of manager and employee self-service and technologies to support the employment life cycle
• Deliver the transactional core employee lifecycle processes for a defined employee population within the region
• Supervision of a team of HR Officers directing their work and personal development to provide a pro-active and responsive first line support for employees and managers, exceeding expectations every time
• Provide support and leadership in issue resolution on HR processes and employee data issues
• Act as escalation point for key HR and business stakeholders on employee lifecycle processes and policies
• Implement robust and simple HR and employee lifecycle processes across the regions that are meeting the needs of our diverse markets, provide a consistent employee experience and are simple and efficient
• Partner effectively with payroll and benefit providers to ensure high standards of accuracy, first class service and timely and accurate processing
• In collaboration with the wider HR team, update HR policies (current and new) to ensure they are in line with changing business needs whilst meeting legislative and best practice guidelines, supporting appropriate communication of these across the business
• Ensure the integrity of the information entered in PeopleSoft and other talent systems by the HR Officers is second to none
• Ensure adequate controls and compliance procedures are followed within the employee services team and actively champion the importance of organisational policies and procedures including data privacy and protection
• Partner with HR Technology team to provide input on processes and requirements for HR system related projects and improvements
• Ensure coordination and collaboration with other global employee services teams within the business to drive efficiency and consistency where possible
• Monitor immigration activity and data, highlighting risks to ensure we are compliant with changing regulations
• Providing comprehensive administration support to the wider HR teams to enable the function to deliver an excellent service to our clients across the business
• Work collaboratively to contribute to operational excellence in Turner through ideas and initiatives which improve our service and ensure we work efficiently
What do we require from you?
• A degree in a related discipline or equivalent qualification or experience
• Direct experience of leading HR administrative activities or previous experience of a similar role in a shared service model
• Experience in designing HR processes in preferably complex companies with multi-locations
• Previous experience in a regional role with a strong preference for experience in working with teams and structures in the APAC region
• Expertise in implementing process improvements to constantly improve the HR service to the business
• Work experience in a fast paced multinational business environment required
• Knowledge of HR disciplines, including employee lifecycle, payroll and benefits administration across multiple regions
• Sound HR policy knowledge
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of Hong Kong employment legislation
But wait, there's more!
• Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands!
• Summer Fridays, End of Year Leave and more!
• More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company