TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Field Producer, CNN Español (NY)
The Field Producer at CNN Español
• The Field Producer is an experienced story coordinator able to meet the daily demands of general assignment news in a 24/7 deadline environment.
• S/he must be an exceptional writer, in Spanish and English, who can add, shape or develop scripts for digital or TV quickly and accurately.
• This person generally oversees the production of a story, working with a reporter and photographer to set up interviews, gather video and collect information.
• The Field Producer is also the liaison between the crew and the newsroom.
**Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnight as this role supports a 24/7 business **
***English and Spanish language fluency is required, written and verbal***
• Proven experience in the field, managing story development and leading newsgathering efforts, especially in breaking news.
• Multi-year experience with all levels of output needs and desk operations, specifically in coordination of domestic and international correspondents.
• 3-5 years' experience in booking international and domestic satellites.
• Strong editorial, logistical and technical skills are essential.
• Able to quickly turn around critical information for air – verifying its accuracy – while simultaneously getting live phone interviews, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities under difficult conditions.
• English and Spanish language fluency is required, written and oral
• Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
• Bachelors' degree in Journalism, or equivalent work experience.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands