Fall Intern - Technology Operations Engineer
Part Time Unpaid Internship
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it's like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on \
Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Broadcast Technology Services Engineering department:
• Serves as a Tier 1 team for broadcast support for 10 individual engineering services including: CNN Center, Techwood campus, NY, DC, LA and London
• Responsible for Major Incident communication for BEST global customers and support teams.
• Execute, configure, and optimize multiple satellite feed/receive links for audio and video quality. Monitor and adjust on-air signals using state of the art equipment.
• Maintain server and database for all commercial and promotional video file playback for all CNN Atlanta base network feeds
• Project support and integration of new technologies including systems, software, automation and equipment
What will you be doing?
The Operations Engineering Intern will actively participate in the daily functions of the BCC (BEST Command Center) which is a Tier 1 support center for all of WarnerMedia. A combination of technical acumen and creative thinking is necessary to address technical issues within the broadcast facility including both on-air and off-air. The Operations Engineer Intern is expected to take direction from team members who are more experienced with identifying and troubleshooting broadcast, IT and Networking issues. However, they are still critical to actively participating in the issue resolution process to provide support to WarnerMedia's technical staff.
What do we require from you?
• Minimum Associates Degree in Computer or Information Technology
• Electronic repair/troubleshooting experience
• IT networking and system administration experience
• Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Ability to excel working on their own as well as in a team environment
• Customer focused
• Self-motivated with a passion for technology and learning
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 20, 2019 – December 6, 2019. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.