Editor, Product Testing CNN Underscored
TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/2/2021 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Editor, Product Testing CNN Underscored jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor, Product Testing CNN Underscored postings
Full Time Job
The Editor, Product Testing will work directly with the Deputy Editor to help manage the editorial process for ''lab-tested'' content - our in-depth, long-form pieces based upon strenuous product testing. In this role, the Editor, Product Testing will submit and track all product requests, help do first pass edits and fact check copy, and help manage our network of freelancers to ensure deadlines are met. In addition, the Editor will update product reviews and guides, assist editors with sourcing images and building stories in the CMS, and regularly contribute content coverage ideas.
• Assist staff and freelance writers working on testing pieces; help facilitate procurement of products and photo and video assets; help to keep the testing calendar on track.
• Track all products sent to and received from staff and freelancers.
• Coordinate with freelancers to make sure deadlines are met.
• Top edit and fact check submitted copy and ensure adherence to our editorial standards.
• Communicate with our SEO team to ensure stories comply with their guidance.
• Edit images in Photoshop to comply with our style guide.
• Help build stories in the CMS, ensuring content adheres to established style and formatting guidelines.
• Pitch story ideas and contribute to regular brainstorms Level of Responsibilities/Accountability & Scope.
• Strong sense of latest digital commerce trends.
• Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
• Work is subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals.
• Operates within the context of defined procedures.
• Position reports to CNN Underscored Deputy Editor
• College degree in journalism or a related field preferred
• 4 years of editorial experience at a major publisher, ideally in a commerce capacity; 2 years of which were spent top editing freelance copy.
• Passion for employing shopping strategies and finding the best deals
• Flawless grammar & spelling.
• Strong creative and writing skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands