Director, Product Design, Core - CNN Digital
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Product Design, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight. The Director, Product Design CNN Digital Core, is an experienced user experience design leader who collaborates with product designers, product managers, developers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Digital product experiences that help inform & engage our users, and impact CNN's bottom line. You will drive Core product design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and establish a high performing team structure. You are strategic and creative, with the ability to execute and influence. You understand the boundaries of web app technology, and more importantly know when to push it. You possess the ability to lead compelling product experience that is seamless and intuitive. You have a commitment to challenge the status quo and assist in building approaches that consistently set the team on a path to realize world-class product experiences. Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
• Empower and mentor designers, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
• Lead CNN's product design functions, collaborating with partners on your cross-functional team to understand the needs of our teams and establishing a structure and end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
• Coach your team in expanding mastery of our business goals and proactively drive strategic solutions and results.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company while managing a large volume of active projects.
• Steer the holistic view of your product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• Employ user research, and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
• Contribute to the product design priorities to inform strategic roadmap, translating business needs into creative and user experience opportunities.
• 8 years related work experience leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company is required.
• Exceptional track record to empower and manage team of designers, to help them grow and succeed.
• Experience leading and building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Mastery and able to guide on user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Preferred Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands