Content Programmer - Bleacher Report
TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/13/2020 7:29:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Content Programmer - Bleacher Report jobs in New York-NY
Search all Content Programmer - Bleacher Report postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Content Programmer - Bleacher Report? Content Programmer (Soccer) - Bleacher Report
We're looking for a sports fanatic and culture junkie who knows how to find and distribute engaging sports content. Take a look at our homepage, app, social media channels and newsletters for examples of the types of content we try to surface and package. Bleacher Report's programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to sports fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that Bleacher Report provides the best user experience across platforms, Bleacher Report's programmers' responsibilities include: distributing breaking news, distributing internal/external content, creating social media posts, posting highlights, writing hooks/captions, and assisting the editorial staff in new story idea generation. This role covers primarily Soccer during both weekdays and weekends.
• Identifying breaking news, viral content hits and video highlights in real time. Publishing identified content immediately to social accounts that he/she is running independently.
• Setting the tone, look and feel of Bleacher Report's social media accounts
• News and social media monitoring to identify what is trending in sports and relevant pop culture
• Timely and clean stylized hook writing in line with the social voice of our accounts
• Swift editorial response and decision making, often without supervisor's oversight
• Assisting and collaborating with the editorial staff in new story idea generation
• Minimum Requirements
• 1 - 2 years of internship or professional sports media experience
• Desirable Requirements
• High level social/mobile media understanding, especially in the realms of sports and culture. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, and any experience with Crowdtangle would be considered a major plus.
• Possesses strong writing and communication skills.
• Editing skills/experience is ideal; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
• Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop is not essential but definitely beneficial.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.