Content Information Specialist - CNN
Full Time Job
The Content Information Specialist uses their knowledge of asset management systems as well as news awareness and editorial judgment to deliver appropriate video research to support news production.
• The Content Information Specialist uses their knowledge of asset management systems as well as news awareness and editorial judgment to deliver appropriate video research to support news production.
• Conducts thorough reference interviews, prioritizes requests appropriately and uses expert research skills to effectively and efficiently find and deliver results that meet client needs.
• Uses knowledge of video rights and restrictions to help source video or to direct clients appropriately.
• Relies on knowledge of departmental policies, video production needs and professional cataloging guidelines to apply metadata that enhance the accuracy of catalog information and gives quick access to video for production.
• Supports the preservation of CNN's legacy tape content by creating original catalog records and prioritizing digitization efforts.
• Possesses the skills and knowledge necessary to work independently, including remotely and on solo shifts weekends, overnights, and holidays.
• Master's degree in Library or Information Science required.
• At least one year of experience or significant training in cataloging or indexing.
• Experience conducting thorough and appropriate reference interviews and providing reference service.
• Demonstrable knowledge of news and current events
• Experience with or knowledge of asset management systems.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work with a diverse client community and thrive in collaborative settings.
• Ability to prioritize and remain focused and detailed while working under extreme deadline conditions.
• Experience working with video or stills in an archive or broadcast production preferred.
• News library experience and knowledge of rights management highly desirable.
• As CNN is a 24x7 news operation, schedules will require evening, weekend and overnight shifts, so flexibility is a must.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands