TurnerNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2021 3:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Community Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Community Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Community Manager? Turner Services Inc. seeks a Community Manager for the NewsCo department.
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation news and information experiences online.
You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming-and the directions it goes next-directly in the hands of consumers. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. We're looking for someone intimately familiar with emerging platforms to serve as a Community Moderator for a new interactive news product.
The Community Moderator will be expected to moderate audience submissions before, during, and after live programming, as well as for an ongoing forum. They will collaborate with product, design, editorial and research to develop new community strategies and features. They will also work closely with our video production team to make sure each live event goes off without a hitch.
Experience working in journalism or on interactive content projects is preferred. Experience running online communities is welcome, but we expect to train the Community Moderator in the basics and advanced applications of online community management.
CNN is committed to pushing our industry to become more diverse and inclusive and to address issues of fairness and bias in all that it builds. We welcome people from all backgrounds and are especially interested in non-traditional candidates.
• Moderate an online forum featuring a passionate CNN audience
• Moderate and edit questions from our audience to guests
• Work closely with an online producer and host during live programming
• Reportorial Research: Talk to our audience and help them find the information they seek
• Community Management: Let's teach people how to have positive experiences with our product, and with one another
• Work with research to study emerging trends
• Experience in interactive content or Journalism preferred
• Demonstrable experience crafting enigmatic projects into well-organized, completed work products is a plus
• Experience that will give you a leg up in this process
• Community management, content ethics, creative analysis and criticism
• A sparkling catalog of varied journalistic or research work products is a plus This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.