Business Operations Manager
TurnerAbu Dhabi, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Business Operations Manager jobs in Abu Dhabi-AZ
Search all Business Operations Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Operations Manager? CNN International is seeking a Manager, CNNI Business Operations to join our team in Abu Dhabi. This position reports to the Director of Business Operations in Atlanta and will support broadcast news operations in the UAE and Middle East which is primarily based in Abu Dhabi.
• Provide visibility into business activities by maintaining cost reports on expenses and providing ad hoc analysis to facilitate decision making.
• Ensure compliance with expense management, company policies, procedures, processes, and procurement. Where appropriate, issues will be escalated to ensure management are informed.
• Liaise with Finance, Accounting, HR, Legal, Security, and Procurement as needed.
• Bureau Accounting: Monitor and maintain the local bank account, complete domestic online wires, cash payments, cash counts, fund transfers, as well as monthly reporting and reconciliation of all bank and cash accounts
• Will oversee the maintenance of all local Business Trade Licenses, Filming Permits, Press Cards, Power of Attorney official/legal documentation, and local Chamber of Commerce Bank Guarantee letters.
• VAT Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance, record keeping, tracking and reporting of all local UAE VAT expenditures from the Bureau.
• Budgets: Gather, amend, and assist with budgets for assigned groups
• Invoice and expense approval
• Onboarding: Responsible for staff, contractors, interns, and freelance new hire onboarding provisions.
• May be assigned time-sensitive and unfamiliar activities during breaking news. These tasks may include travel arrangements, compiling and disseminating information to field teams, ad hoc requests, etc.
• Part of a weekend/out of hours cash/gear call out rotation team. Support/assignments outside of working hours will be required occasionally for breaking news.
• Proven operational experience in a multinational company is preferred.
• Have a proven track record of leadership success, ability to think broadly, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
• Work with process improvement (Lean Six Sigma) and unit managing (large dynamic event management) is a plus.
• Bachelor Degree, or equivalent in a Business Field.
• Experience managing corporate projects is strongly preferred.
• Must demonstrate a track record of utilizing strong quantitative and presentation skills.
• Comfortable working independently and presenting information to business leaders.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English.
• Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
• Knowledge of expense report systems (such as Concur) and accounts payable systems (such as PeopleSoft/Ariba), other Accounting and Finance systems, and HR protocols are a plus
• Accurate, detail-oriented, analytical, a good communicator, have good interpersonal skills, and be highly organized.
• Must show initiative; be self-motivated and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. A team player with patience is essential.
What's on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia here. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.