TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, CNN Digital Productions
''Go There'' is a single-topic daily news show built for the next generation of news junkies. The show is built for a social first audience and features CNN talent from around the globe. The program is an innovation lab of sorts, allowing our producers and reporters to experiment with different styles, formats, and tools to engage the audience - all with longform storytelling and mobile viewership in mind.
• Working in a pressure-driven environment to produce a daily 10-minute show built for a social and mobile first audience
• Collaborating with show's supervising producer, senior producer, editors, CNN's social media team, and domestic/international correspondents
• Scripting episodes and producing stories under tight deadlines
• Pitching compelling, immersive, original, and creative content
• Occasional field production (locally as needed and permitted)
• Managing production resources and assets coming in from the field
• 1-3 years working in a news or documentary production environment.
• Commands basic knowledge of current events, international/domestic news, politics.
• Live producing experience (talent, production, working with technical teams).
• Capable of coordinating/communicating with global/national news desks.
• Has basic knowledge of control room.
• Capable of taking direction in high-pressure situations.
• Receives assignment and guidance from supervising producer, senior producer or producer to research, write and possibly produce features for CNN Digital Productions.
• Will pre-interview story subjects.
• Exercises editorial judgment in selection of elements for segments.
• Works with editors to turn around pre-taped segments.
• QC and post pieces.
• Must have strong communication and collaborative skills.
• Pitches story ideas (day-of, next day, futures, features).
• Edits VO/VOSOTs at the direction of the supervising producer, senior producer or producer.
• Supports special shows and projects as needed.
• Pulls specific video and soundbites.
• Must be flexible and adapt to change well.
• Must have basic production, scripting, and editorial skills.
• Experience/knowledge of video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro) a plus.
• Capable of learning and measuring show analytics.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands