Full Time Job
Associate Producer - Weekend Evenings, CNN
• Viewing and selecting the strongest and most accurate video elements (packages, sound-bites, B-roll,etc) for a newscast.
• APs should be familiar with all important stories and the elements that go with them.
• They communicate show needs with writers, producers, and assignment desks.
• Other responsibilities include ordering and/or producing graphics, reporter packages, social media segments as well as prepare editing requests and use technological tools to research and gather archive video.
• APs make sure all video elements are prepared properly for air and that mediasource records include accurate details.
• They work in the front row of the control room to communicate the status of video elements and ensure best elements are available quickly.
• Two years as an AP, writer/producer or producer in local news, cable or at the network level.
• Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations.
• The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress.
• Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial.
• Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential.
• Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed.
• Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in all day parts.
• Four-year degree or commensurate work experience.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands