Associate Producer, Digital Programming - CNN
Full Time Job
Can you craft a notification or headline to make any story interesting? Do you have a thirst for news and knack for making it understandable to regular folks? Do you have a passion for finding the perfect visuals to go with a story? Are you cool under pressure and creative? Are you all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives? Then you should join the CNN Digital Programming Team. We take the extraordinary content of CNN -- from text to videos to interactives -- curate and organize it for CNN's own digital platforms, from CNN.com on phones and desktop to the CNN app and other platforms.
• Daily Programming Associate Producers are obsessed with finding that perfect alert, headline, image and curation of stories.
• They worry about homepages, article pages and section fronts.
• They take initiative to recognize programming needs, and they work with more senior team members -- producers, editors and senior editors -- to make sure the needs are met.
• They will focus on CNN's hot-seat programming duties, including writing the audience-friendly notifications we send via @cnnbrk, email, browser and app.
• This position works weekends and will require a high degree of flexibility with hours.
• Programming Associate Producers are seen internally as go-to people for how to get compelling and essential journalism seen and shared. To that end, they think like readers/swipers/watchers/listeners and help connect disparate digital dots to the benefit of global audiences second-by-second, minute-by-minute.
• They are addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing and work to ensure CNN is meeting its revenue goals. Digital Associate Producers are thoughtful and creative planners, and ace collaborators, working with video and photo teams, social teams, the global digital news desk, vertical teams and beyond.
• They are excellent givers of feedback, and they participate in post-mortems and other conversations about sharpening our programming around key projects.
• You may contribute to the conception and planning of programming for short and medium term projects.
• You help execute those projects, watching a wide range of audience data closely, optimizing content as needed.
• They have a knowledge of digital content in many forms -- articles, videos, galleries, social content, interactives, podcasts, etc -- across the entire portfolio and create compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms.
• APs suggest ideas and/or execute programming strategies that contribute to the life of content, from publication through ongoing refreshes and updates.
• Typically 2 or more years of related experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• The ability to work quickly under pressure and collaborate closely with others is essential.
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends.
• Ability to generate and pitch ideas.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands