Associate Producer, Audio
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 9:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, Audio jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer, Audio postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer, Audio? Associate Producer, CNN Audio
The Associate Producer will assist with the editorial and technical production of domestic and international news podcasts and other audio products. The ideal candidate must be an avid news consumer with prior journalism experience, preferably in an audio newsroom. The associate producer will work closely with the host and producer, outlining the structure of each episode, providing research and securing the necessary archival audio. She/he/they will also assist with guest booking and logistics. The associate producer will also monitor in-house recordings and some field recordings. She/he/they will edit and upload the episode to the CMS and coordinate with the producer on social media copy and photo/video assets for promotional purposes.
This position can be located in New York, NY or Washington, DC.
• Work closely with host and producer on episode rundowns.
• Provide thorough editorial research and archival audio clips.
• Coordinate with CNN Newsgathering to book CNN correspondents/analysts and handle all logistics.
• Participates in-studio and field recordings.
• Edit episode in ProTools and upload to CMS.
• Edit shorter news briefs and assist with live event showcasts.
• Utilize music when necessary.
• Coordinate with technical team on standard operating procedures for recording/editing/engineering.
• Travel for any emote recordings and editing.
• 2 years of editorial experience, with a strong audio background.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience.
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting industry.
• Good writing skills.
• Proficiency in ProTools and audio recording.
• Passion for politics, history and popular culture.
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent.
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment.
• Ability to travel as needed; up to 25% annually.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.