Content Transmission Specialist
Turner SportsAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia seeks a Content Transmission Specialist (III) for the Content Transmission department.
The Content Transmission Specialist (III) is responsible for booking and troubleshooting of the daily operations and futures planning for Content Transmission. This position involves a complete understanding of WarnerMedia Content Transmissions for Turner Sports & WarnerMedia Entertainment, as well as Newsgathering transmission services. Mastery of the full-time and occasional use receive and transmit infrastructures that connect WarnerMedia and CNN locations, major league video networks, vendors, and remote locations used for planned events and breaking news is required.
• Work closely with key customers, vendors, engineering and operations on the planning, oversight, execution, and troubleshooting of robust transmissions for both live and near-live events.
• Thoughtful management of daily feed requests – from live linear and non-linear events to contribution content.
• Thorough understanding of scheduling software and associated spreadsheets, critical for cross-platform scheduling.
• Ability to act/react quickly to transmission issues, with an eye to proactive mitigation of potential risks or points of failure.
• Collaborate closely with Content Transmissions team for time-critical client request response.
• Firm comprehension of video transmissions via fiber, satellite & IP – including encoding schemes and complex audio configurations.
• Extensive knowledge and operation of all technical internal and external systems used to deliver services.
• Create & update SOP manuals as needed.
• Engage vendors: encompassing availability, cost negotiations and overall vendor maintenance.
• Desire to mentor & train new & cross-team staff members.
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
• Extremely detail oriented and comprehensive organizational skills required.
• Communicate effectively, with a focus on excellent customer service.
• 5+ years of technical development experience with consumer facing applications.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.