Director Of Production
Tulsa BalletTulsa, OK
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Director Of Production jobs in Tulsa-OK
The Director of Production is a partner to the Artistic Director in the success of its productions. Ballet's Director of Production's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All production aspects for the Company (including Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education), which includes contracts for sets and costumes for each production, shipping arrangements, etc.
- Stage management for all productions both in home city and on tour, nationally and internationally.
- Making sure temperatures on stage are within a 72/76 degrees Fahrenheit when company on stage.
- Budgeting for future productions/ season and tracking costs for each production during the season.
- Establishing production schedules for all performances for both home city and on tour, nationally and internationally.
- Coordinating company tour dates (including regional educational programs) with Company Artistic staff.
- Hiring and supervision of crews, including IATSE crews for Performing Arts Center performances.
- Supervising IATSE crews and part time production staff.
- Overseeing technical and maintenance requirements and upkeep of facility including, but not limited to, studio temperatures, Marley maintenance, floor maintenance, audio equipment maintenance and lighting equipment maintenance.
- Negotiation and issuance of contracts for rental of sets and costumes for company's productions.
- Arrangement of transportation from rental source to Tulsa and from warehouse to Performing Arts Center.
- Warehouse maintenance and organization.
- Negotiation of contracts with Lighting Designers chosen by Artistic Director.
- Arrangement of rights and royalties payments for production designers.
- Working with Performing Arts Center to organize TB visits.
- Ordering supplies needed for each production.
- Arrangement of all technical information for company tours, both nationally and internationally.
- Arrangement of shipment of sets/costumes/props for international touring, including carne and insurance for all items to be shipped.
- Creation of ground and hanging plans and understanding of lighting plans for all TB productions.
- Attending rehearsals before productions.
- Supervision of all rehearsals and performances in Studio K.
- Supervision of all technical aspects of Studio K.
- Other duties as assigned by Artistic Director.