Trustbridge Global Media, Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Trustbridge Global Media is seeking a Writer/Editor to lead writing and editing on original property development for a new publishing initiative with focus on fiction series for children ages 3-13.
- Supports Editor-in-Chief with writing and editing on new properties
- Writes notes and development direction for book authors/creators
- Writes outlines/develops original ideas for ''in-house'' property slate
- Writes and edits books with creators as well as in-house created properties
- Helps select authors for projects
- Keeps on top of trends in children's entertainment and education including books, tv, etc.
- Scouts writers and illustrators
- Supports marketing with writing promotional copy
- 5+ years of children's book editing or writing experience
- Expertise with picture books, chapter books, and middle grade novels
- Experienced at successfully developing marketable publishing concepts
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Understanding of children's book editing and publishing
- Has established industry contacts
- Screenwriting and TV show bible development experience a plus
Trustbridge Global Media, children's media investor and parent company of Holiday House Publishing and Peachtree Publishing, is an affiliate of Trustbridge Partners, a Shanghai-based private equity and venture capital firm.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online