Assistant Manager, Creative Services
Transition Music CorporationStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
About the position:
Transition Music Corporation (TMC) has an immediate opening for an Assistant Manager, Creative Services. This is a leadership role which includes responsibility for managing existing client relationships, and an excellent opportunity for growth. The ideal candidate is someone looking to broaden their music publishing/supervision and licensing experience at an established Music Publisher within the Film/TV/Online Media space. In addition to the key areas or responsibilities listed below, you will regularly strategize with senior staff to develop sustainable win/win music partnerships for new and existing clients. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit where new ideas are implemented and contributions to the company bottom line are rewarded. You must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy challenges and opportunities that come with leading a small office of diverse people and activities. The ability to interact with coworkers, clients, and artists in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, is crucial to this role.
Why You Want This Job
Rare opportunity alert! TMC is entering a new period of growth and you will have a hands-on impact in shaping long term outcomes for the company and our major partners.
This role has 4 key areas of oversight. Prior demonstrated experience in all 4 areas a requirement:
In House Music Supervision including but not limited to:
• Assisting clients with music searches and creating custom playlists
• Responsible for the creation of custom or original music based on project demand including tv themes, station ID's, scoring projects
• Music Clearance- seek, obtain and negotiate the necessary rights and approvals for 3rd party music licenses. Existing relationships at major publishers and labels a plus.
• Advising clients on music strategy and proposing creative solutions
• Managing new music requests from TMC writers
• Seeking out new artists and composers based on the needs of the TMC library
• Research on trends in production music, auditing needs of the TMC library and planning
new acquisition genres and styles
• Contract negotiation with new writers as needed, and ensuring Director of Administration has all information required to create and administer new contracts
Oversight and ownership over Integration processes of newly acquired music and licensing deals including:
• Ensuring all assets delivered by TMC composers follow guidelines and are ready for ingestion into TMC's internal catalog software
• Oversee the upload and distribution of music files and metadata to our cloud hosted library platform Source Audio
• Organizing acquired music into new collections or albums
Oversight of junior team and intern activities
Ensuring the team is meeting their deadlines and key outputs, advising and supporting as needed.
• minimum 2 years' experience interfacing with executives and creative talent alike.
• B.A. in Film, TV, Music, Business, Communications or related field, preferred.
• 2 to 4 years Minimum experience in Music Licensing at a Production company, Television Studio, Trailer House, Record Label, Music Publisher, Production Music Library, etc.
• Knowledge of music licensing, song research and rights negotiation, synchronization and master use rights.
• Established relationships in the field with rights holders, music supervisors and creatives.
• Experience with Source Audio music licensing and library management platform a plus.
• Proactive and resourceful, with the ability to perform independently while working well in a team environment
• A good communicator, with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Passion for film music, sound design, visual media, music supervision.
Transition Music Corporation (TMC), ranked in the top 100 of U.S. music publishers by the NMPA, connects music to content, in all media and platforms, including: advertising agencies, major entertainment studios, and independent film and television production companies. TMC is currently the exclusive music provider for more than 26 TV series & 8 networks and provides music services from supervision to content to the fastest growing distributor of film and television content in the U.S.
TMC delivers a fully scalable music division complete with music catalogs, production music libraries, and experts in music publishing, copyright, administration, licensing, supervision, and asset management.
Music is the one element all forms of media and entertainment have in common. Yet, despite necessity and daily use, it's not cost-effective for 90% of content creators or broadcasters to invest millions in acquiring music IP and staff a comprehensive music department to manage music internally. At Transition we believe the 10% shouldn't be the only ones who benefit from the successful management, marketing and monetization of music.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online