Senior Graphic Designer
Trailer ParkLondon, UK
Full Time Job
MXW, part of the Trailer Park Group, is looking for talented Senior Desinger. This is a 1-year fixed-term contract with a view to becoming a permanent position. This is a Hybrid role, requiring some in-office time.
MXW brings a suite of services including marketing strategy, branded content and campaigns, and immersive experiential offerings to our many clients. The firmâ€™s work for the worldâ€™s leading studios and streaming platforms comprises IP development and B2B corporate storytelling through to large scale activation ideas and unique consumer experiences.
We are actively seeking a Senior Designer with exceptional skills and extensive experience to join our dynamic design team. We are looking for a self-motivated, innovative, and proactive individual who embraces a positive can-do attitude that aligns with our company culture. Hands-on involvement and creative application are key aspects of this role.
As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for leading and executing design projects, ensuring exceptional quality and innovative solutions. Your expertise will contribute to shaping the visual identity of entertainment brands that we work with, including Disney, Universal, and Netflix, just to name a few; delivering compelling and engaging designs across various mediums.
As a proud company of the Trailer Park Group, MXW Studios is a creative studio with strong relationships within the film and entertainment industry worldwide. Our close-knit team of highly skilled designers and storytellers, known for their exceptional design solutions, also prides itself on being friendly and sociable. We work collaboratively to craft captivating designs that leave a lasting impact.
• Multi-disciplinary design application with a passion to be hands-on across a variety of touchpoints including key art, outdoor, in-theatre, collateral, experiential, packaging, retail, print, digital, social, style guides and presentation materials, for an array of leading entertainment properties, franchises and brands.
• Generate innovative design concepts , ideas and supporting mock-ups that align with project objectives and effectively communicate the desired message to the target audience.
• Develop and maintain a consistent visual identity for our stakeholders, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to across all design projects.
• Contribute to brainstorming sessions to foster the creation of inventive design solutions.
• Collaborate closely with the Design & Client teams to thoroughly analyse project briefs and address any challenges by proposing innovative and resourceful ideas.
• Take ownership of design projects from concept to completion, ensuring timely delivery while maintaining high-quality standards.
• Stay up to date with design trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices, continuously improving design processes and methodologies.
Project Management (20%)
• Support the Design and Client teams by providing guidance to mid-weight and junior designers, reviewing their work, offering constructive feedback, and skill sharing.
• Effectively manage multiple design projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines are met, resources are allocated appropriately, and budgets are adhered to.
• General housekeeping of software, creative assets, style guides and project files.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in graphic design, or a related field.
• Minimum of 5-years of experience as a professional designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of design projects across different mediums. Experience or interest in 3D and AV will be a bonus.
• Expertise in using industry-standard design software, such as Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides is a must.
• Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Apple/MAC.
• Proven experience in leading design projects, mentoring junior designers, and providing creative direction to inspire others.
• Ability to dissect briefs and translate them into effective design strategies that support marketing and brand objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts, provide feedback, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to think outside the box, generate fresh design ideas, and adapt to changing trends and technologies.
• Meticulous attention to detail in both design execution and project management, ensuring accuracy and consistency in all deliverables.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• A compelling portfolio that showcases a diverse range of design projects, highlighting your creativity, technical skills, and ability to solve design challenges
#LI - Hybrid