Senior Financial Analyst
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
TRAILER PARK GROUP
Trailer Park Group is a full-service agency specializing in content creation and entertainment marketing. By combining a storytelling expertise with large-scale production resources, Trailer Park is uniquely positioned to make, market and distribute content for its diverse client portfolio of top entertainment studios and major brands. With content creation at the center, we support our clients with strategy, creative and the latest in digital services with offices in Hollywood and London.
Trailer Park Group is looking for a talented Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This individual will report to the Client Finance Manager, but also be the liaison between the Corporate Finance team and our various divisions.
• Assist in opening new project jobs and collaborate with accounts teams to set up new clients in CRM
• Lead project tracking meetings with account teams to have latest job updates reflected in SL/RJO system.
• Review and analyze projects for cost accuracy and correct where needed. Flag and provide improvement guidance to team where possible.
• Work diligently with account team to ensure projects are invoiced in timely manner.
• Monitor and ensure proper client POR/Invoicing guidelines are followed by accounts and billing team.
• Assist in creating vendor PO's and ensure third party vendors are properly set up following corporate guidelines.
• Support Accounts Payable and billing teams to troubleshoot any client and vendor issues that may arise.
• Monitor timesheet, communicating with staff as necessary for timely submissions and update utilization reports monthly.
• Track weekly freelancers and independent contractors' costs to better project monthly costs.
• Revenue recognition – understand and maintain revenue schedule that aligns with business best practices and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
• Work closely with Finance Manager to prepare and submit business plans plus weekly/biweekly rolling forecasts.
• Independently build detailed analysis of revenue with insightful commentary.
• Actively involved in month-end close process with revenue, credit card reconciliation and proper coding of expenses.
• Maintain proper filing of client contract/SOW agreements.
• Involved in the annual audit process, gathering information for auditors.
• Ad-hoc analysis and requests as needed by Finance Manager or wider finance team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• 5 years of Finance or Accounting experience, preferably for an ad agency or production company
• Experience in production accounting and job reconciliation.
• Strong budgeting and forecasting skills
• Client finance experience, with a proven track record of managing P&Ls.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong financial analysis and management skills; good business acumen
• Provides analytical leadership and support for Finance and the company's business operations.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Must take initiative and is a self-starter
• Client service oriented and fosters positive working relationships
• Works collaboratively and proactively on multi-functional teams. Open to feedback.
• Consistently communicates using appropriate methods for the situation and audience in a clear, concise and professional manner.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.