Print Production Manager
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2021 12:20:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Print Production Manager jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Print Production Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Print Production Manager? ART MACHINE
You are a Production Artist with a few years of experience, but have realized your leadership skills may be more suited for a management role. Or you may have already chosen that path, currently working as a Production Coordinator or Manager within an advertising agency environment.
You are very organized with the ability to wear many hats. You are also meticulous in nature, as bad kerning in a title treatment bothers you. So do those who pay no attention to XY coordinates. Not that you necessarily tell anyone, but you wish those small details were just as important to others around you.
You value words like ''bleed'' and ''safety'' within a print context. It's part of your daily vocabulary. You use these words and others with conviction when talking to a vendor or a client or a designer. And interacting with the aforementioned while streamlining the back end of a project is what you know you want to do.
• Liaise between a 12-person production team and account teams, creative teams and vendors.
• Receive, review and distribute art assets for each project.
• Guide creative development and execution from in-house and freelance production staff, stepping in as the hands-on Production Artist when needed.
• Establish project schedules and maintain on-time accountability.
• Ensure all resource and budget allocations meet the scope of work for each project.
• Route layouts and proofs for internal approvals.
• Proofread, preflight and release all mechanicals to ensure quality of work.
• Obtain competitive printing bids, award contracts to vendors and attend press checks when necessary.
• Serve as a point of contact for all internal print and divisional presentation needs for the entire company.
• Supervise boards, mockups and portfolio production for client presentations.
• Monitor digital file guidelines, naming convention protocol and file sharing processes.
• Provide administrative support for purchase order requests and invoice submissions.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Result-oriented and customer-focused with a passion for the creative and production processes.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing with clients, vendors and internal account teams.
• Good analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Consistent follow-through ability to traffic communication and ensure project accuracy.
• Strong computer skills and hands-on understanding of the latest Adobe Creative Suite.
• Thorough understanding of the pre-press and printing processes.
• A creative point of view, a ''can-do'' attitude and a ''what's next'' mentality.
• 3-5 years production background a must. Agency experience preferred.
If this IS you, send us your stuff. If we agree, we'll call you.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.