Intern - Post Production
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Trailer Park is a full-service agency specializing in content creation and entertainment marketing. By combining a storytelling expertise with large-scale production resources, Trailer Park is uniquely positioned to make, market and distribute content for its diverse client portfolio of major brands and top entertainment studios. With content creation at the center, Trailer Park also supports its clients with strategy, creative and the latest in digital services. Headquartered in Hollywood, the agency also has offices in London, Burbank, California and New York.
The Intern position with Trailer Park Post requires an interest in post production. The ideal candidate has taken editing and/or audio classes in college and wants to gain knowledge about workflow, file conversion/compression, editing, audio mixing, vault process, general office duties and etiquette.
Interns will be asked to perform support work for all divisions of Trailer Park. Our goal is for the interns to have a well rounded experience by learning about each division’s workflow. We encourage a hands on internship by teaching tape ingest, source transcoding, deck operations and other machine room processes. There are also opportunities to contribute to the creative process by working with producers and editors. Interns should leave Trailer Park with the confidence and ability to be a PA in any post production environment.
Opportunities for exposure to the following:
• Follow projects through the finishing process
• Shadow Finishing Editors, Colorists, Audio Mixers, Post Supervisors
• Gain competencies with industry standard technical processes
• Create relationships with creative editorial divisions and shadow Producers, Coordinators, Editors etc.
• Understanding of overall company structure, management and collaboration between divisions
• Transcoding camera sources for edit and finish
• File compression techniques for various purposes and platforms
• HD/SD signal flow and format conversion
• Dial up and connect ISDN boxes for remote voice over recording sessions
• Transcribing and closed caption creation
• Skill building in Premiere, Resolve, Avid, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder
• Log incoming/outgoing elements into vault tracking system
• Track and keep organized all elements going in and out of the vault as needed for internal workflow
• Create, print and organize labels, cases and final asset delivery logistics
• Learn industry standard physical and digital security protocols