Finishing Assistant Editor
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Trailer Park is a full-service agency specializing in content creation and entertainment marketing. By combining a storytelling expertise with large-scale production resources, Trailer Park is uniquely positioned to make, market and distribute content for its diverse client portfolio of major brands and top entertainment studios. With content creation at the center, Trailer Park also supports its clients with strategy, creative and the latest in digital services.
The Finishing Assistant Editor position at Trailer Park preps Theatrical and Home Entertainment Trailer and TV Spots for In and Out-of-House Finish. This person will also have some I/O duties, and they will also be required to perform more advanced tasks like transcoding assets for editorial use, managing the Nexis workspace, doing shot requests, graphics requests, dailies assemblies, and preps for finish.
• Organization of folder structures, proper naming schemes, etc. of all digitalized footage kept on shared area network storage.
• Creating Finishing Preps by Overcutting Picture and Audio, Unmatted Reference with Clip Name and Time Code burn-ins, EDLs, XMLs, Video and Audio AAFs, OMFs; Changes-only Preps; Shot and Dialogue Lists, etc.
• Import Picture AAF and EDLs back into Avid to confirm they work for Avid Finish.
• Digitizing, compressing & converting footage for offline editorial use.
• Proficient in MPAA rules for TRT, Ratings, Green Cards, etc.
• 2 Years of Professional Editorial Experience preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere and AVID
• Understanding to Intermediate knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7
• Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/Unity/XSAN)
• Understanding of HD/SD formats, file and tape based deliveries
• Understanding of frame rates, conversions, & Codecs
• Ability to communicate successfully with others
• Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, take direction, and give direction
• Must be very detailed oriented.
• Must be prompt with the ability to respond and prioritize quickly
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
• Must be able to communicate at various levels, appropriate to the audience.
• Excellent multi-tasking abilities. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• The candidate must be an exceptional problem solver.
• Self-motivated and driven.
• Levelheaded, calm and functions well under stress.
• Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.